Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oh the places we will go...

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

It's nearly 1:00 in the afternoon and I am only now feeling awake enough to really think about the day.  The heat we've had over the last day or two is already taking a toll on my body and I feel even more convinced that our decision to move to a better climate is absolutely the right one.  Andrew and I frequently joke around about being the luckiest couple in the world but there is always a grain of truth in every jest and in this case we are dealing with more than a grain.  In the decision to move we have seen that luck become gifts upon gifts of all the right things happening at all the right times.  Naturally, we have had our moments where we wonder if this is really happening but then, when we realize it REALLY is, we experience a rush of gratitude, incredulity, and love.  Love for each other, for Aydan, for our family, for LIFE and for the chance to choose this amazing path to follow.

And that's where the gushy ends and the true purpose of this entry starts, although it all ties together.  We have been asked so many times what our route is for our cross country trip and I figured it was about time to share at least the first leg of our trip with everyone along with the cities we will be visiting on our path out west.  See, I told you it all tied together ;)  Here goes.

June 8th, we leave Fort Wayne for Andrew's family's cottage in Michigan.  We will be staying there with members of Andrew's family for roughly three weeks.  June 14th we will be heading back to Fort Wayne for our dear friend's, Joy and John, wedding on the 15th with a return trip to the cottage on the 16th.  We will have that whole week up at the cottage and then the following weekend my best friend, Megan, will be getting married in Traverse city.  After her wedding weekend we will start our trip up and around Michigan and into Wisconsin.  During our time in Michigan and Wisconsin we are looking to spend time with as many members of our family as we can.  We are still looking to lock down some of those details but we are expecting to be back in Fort Wayne for the last time on the third of July.  We will stay through the fifth and then head to Indy to visit Andrew's Uncle Tom followed up by visits with the Evansville crew.

Once we leave Indiana we head off to Edisto Beach State Park.




These pictures are provided by the internet but I will most definitely be adding our own pictures once we are actually there.  This state park is  located an hour south of Charleston SC and an hour north of Savannah, GA.  Perfect for visiting two of the places I so very much want to see.  Aydan and I have been to Charleston twice before but we wanted to share it with Andrew since it is so amazing.  Savannah is supposed to be super haunted as well as temptingly full of American history.  I am looking forward to long days of exploration with my family.  Our campsite is reserved from July 10th to July 15th.

Next on our definite list is New Orleans LA.  We will arrive at Fontainebleau State Park on July 16th and I'll get to spend my 35th birthday in a city I have dreamed of visiting for the last 20 years of my life.



Again internet images but definitely looking forward to staying in campsite on Lake Pontchartrain, 24 miles away from New Orleans.  We will reach New Orleans from the park by taking the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.  
I am thinking for my birthday I would like to visit the French Market and go to the perfume shop featured in "Jitterbug Perfume" another delightful ready from my favorite author, Tom Robbins.  My friend Leah has told me that visiting New Orleans is as close to visiting Europe as you can get without leaving the USA.  I shall very much be looking forward to this city.  

We will have a list of places we want to visit at each stop but that seems like a bit too much to get into at the moment.   Next stop, Natchez, Mississippi and heading north a bit more before heading west.  




No comments:

Post a Comment