Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mom is wow upside down.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. Tenneva Jordan

I miss my mom.   I don’t know if I ever won’t miss her.   Moments that are past and moments that are coming up that she won't ever be a part of, leave my heart sad.  Now, expecting child #2 with all the craziness that comes along with it, I extra miss her.  But my mom helped make me strong and capable and while I feel the lack of her presence deeply, I still have her lessons with me every day. 

I am also a lucky girl and I have been granted a life that has been filled with lovely women and mothers who have helped inspire and educate me on how to be a better person.  Not only that, but last year I did this crazy thing and I got married!  With that, my life became enriched even further with Mama Nora and Grandma Rita.  I am still being guided in my life by gentle, loving, nurturing mother's hands.   



Me and my mom at a wedding for a family member I think?  I don't even know how old I am in this picture but I sure was a cute kid at one point in my life. 


Years later, me and my mom at my father's retirement from the navy.  I think this was 2001 or 2002, I know Aydan was little little when we went to this event.  Looking at pictures like this one reminds me of all the times in my life I have been told I look "just like your mother".  




Seattle Museum of Art Sculpture park.  


Space Needle and dude chillin' at the park. 


This smiling sweetheart is Miss Margo and we are SO thankful to have had her to interact with while we have been in Seattle.  She's definitely given us lovely people to hang out with and the gift of her warm personality.  


Crumpets and her boy. 






I'm the blur of back and white in the silver beam you see there.  I really will have photos of me and the growing belly baby posted someday but I rarely ever take pictures of myself and I don't ever ask for my picture to be taken, never have....well, except for our wedding but that was different, right? 


Aydan was intrigued by how they were cool to the touch even though the sun was shining right on them. 


And then the guys talked about it...but I really don't remember the outcome of the conversation...





Aydan & Andrew.  Crumpets & Rosie.  Love & more love. Things that just belong together.  


The guys made dinner that night.  Not really because it was mother's day or anything, although that was nice, but Aydan and Andrew had a curry making lesson planned and the timing worked out perfectly.  Aydan really enjoys Andrew's curry and asks for it pretty much all the time.  But with his growing interest in learning how to really make things in the kitchen, Aydan wanted curry but he also wanted to be the one to make it 


Taste testing or better known as Chef's privilege in our house.  I always say if you're the one in the kitchen it's totally ok to be the one sampling everything too.  


Checking on progress. 


Chopped up pile of squash and my little love mug smiling serenely in the background.  


Now this is my kind of puzzle.  I really do enjoy putting together puzzles but my favorites are the ones that are made out of miniature things like this one.  If it's tiny, it's cute and I will love it.  I can't help it and I don't want to.  I love looking at all the tiny details that make up a normal looking scene like this one. This was part of my mother's day gift as well as one of the super finds while out thrifting a few weekends ago with Andrew.  I was also able to find two dresses and a white cardigan to wear.  Thank goodness!  I'm fairly certain these dresses will make it through the pregnancy and past and I'm just so grateful for something pretty and flattering to wear.  

My other mother's day gift were some of the supplies I had been craving for making a few gift projects.  I have them all done and mailed out as of yesterday.  Just a little late but it's the thought that counts, I hope.  Megan would tell you that one of my love languages is gift giving and she's absolutely right.  Few things in this world give me as much pleasure as putting together little gifts filled with love for people that are dear to me.  

And...well...that's all for now :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment